UPDATED: Following recommendations from national and state level health organizations, Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists has developed guidelines for our patients and staff to be applied while the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a concern.
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists will begin to scan the forehead temperature of ALL patients, visitors, and staff to ensure a temperature below the 100.4 F threshold. If your temperature is elevated and/or you show signs of illness, we will not be able to treat you at this time and respectfully ask you to reschedule your appointment at a later date.
- Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists will continue to see patients at their scheduled appointments and OrthoNow, walk-in care clinics will remain open from 4 to 9 PM Monday – Friday.
- We encourage all patients to assist AOS in fulfilling our collective responsibility to contain spread of the virus. Please call (757)-321-3360 to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with the virus
- Are experiencing any respiratory or flu symptoms
- Have recently traveled outside the United States
- Been on lengthy air travel or cruise excursions
- Visited an endemic “hot spot” within the United States
- As an additional precaution to try to limit exposure, of the virus to other individuals, we are also asking that patients only come to their visit with one adult companion.
- We are also not allowing children who are non-patients into our offices.
- To reschedule your AOS appointment, please contact AOS Appointment Schedulers at (757) 321-3360. Established patients who are rescheduled will receive follow-up phone calls from their physicians’ secretary as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in helping AOS fulfill its responsibility to contain the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We appreciate your understanding as we navigate these difficult times together.