UPDATED: Following recommendations from national and state level health organizations, Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists has developed guidelines for our patients and staff to be applied while the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a concern.
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists is requiring a face mask or cover of some sort for all in office visits. If you do not have one available to you, please call our office at 757-321-3360 to reschedule your appointment for either a telemedicine visit or for a later date. Please visit the CDC’s recommendations for homemade sew and no sew masks.
- Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists will scan the forehead temperature of ALL patients, visitors, and staff to ensure a temperature below the 100.4 F threshold. If your temperature is elevated and/or you show signs of illness, we will not be able to treat you at this time and respectfully ask you to reschedule your appointment at a later date.
- Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists will continue to see patients at their scheduled appointments and OrthoNow, walk-in care clinics will remain open from 9 AM to 9 PM Monday – Friday.
- We encourage all patients to assist AOS in fulfilling our collective responsibility to contain spread of the virus. Please call (757)-321-3360 to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with the virus
- Are experiencing any respiratory or flu symptoms
- Have recently traveled outside the United States
- Been on lengthy air travel or cruise excursions
- We are asking that patients come to their visits by themselves unless the patient is a minor, needs an interpreter, or requires the assistance of a caregiver. At this time we are also not allowing children who are non-patients into our offices.
- We are also not allowing children who are non-patients into our offices.
- To reschedule your AOS appointment, please contact AOS Appointment Schedulers at (757) 321-3360. Established patients who are rescheduled will receive follow-up phone calls from their physicians’ secretary as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in helping AOS fulfill its responsibility to contain the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We appreciate your understanding as we navigate these difficult times together.