At Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists, we are committed to providing the highest quality musculoskeletal care for all of our patients, including those with occupational injuries. Not only is it our goal to restore function and mobility of a patient, we also strive to help employers manage that patient’s eventual return to work. We are extremely proud of all of the following WC services we provide and constantly seek out new ways to make the rehabilitative process move smoothly and efficiently for both patient and employee.
- The Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists team is comprised of twenty-two Orthopaedic Surgeons and Physiatrists who treat a broad spectrum of specialized musculoskeletal needs.
- All Workers’ Compensation patients receive the same level of high quality Orthopaedic care and courteous attention received by all of our patients.
- Upon receipt of an initial appointment request, we will make every effort to schedule an appointment within one business day.
- We value a two-way channel of communication as it pertains to a patient’s diagnosis, course of treatment, and long-term outlook. As part of the patient’s team, we welcome the opportunity to speak with employers and other healthcare representatives during the treatment process. We will make all attempts to provide other requested information through verbal, written, or faxed means in an efficient and timely manner. For your convenience, we have a designated Workers’ Compensation contact for both the Orthopaedic and Physical Therapy sides of our practice.
- We provide every patient/employee with work restriction information so that employers may place their employees in positions of limited or modified duty as soon as they are physically able.
- AOS physicians and physical therapists work closely during the entire rehabilitation process. This collaboration saves patient travel time and shortens recovery times, ultimately allowing your employee to return to work more quickly.
- Atlantic Orthopaedic Specialists has five conveniently located Physical Therapy offices in Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake. Each location features the most advanced exercise, rehabilitation, and functional capacity evaluation equipment.
- You can make an appointment by calling (757) 321-3300. Once your patient is in treatment, you may request progress notes or work status by faxing your request to (757) 321-3325. Any other questions you may call the AOS Ortho Workers’ Compensation Department.
- Gay Harris (757) 321-3391
- Allison Cubin (757) 321-3300 ext. 3245
- Dawn Ashley 757-321-3345
AOS Physical Therapy Department
- Danielle Gesick (757) 321-3383
- Ana Cabrera (757) 893-1706
- Rushelle Paulmino (757) 893-1705